Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Culture of Honor? PART DEUX!!!

Continuing my rant about my cultural legacy... Much of it is also based off of my parents.  Everyone in the family says that I am a carbon copy of my father (to which I always reply, "In girl form of course!"), and I have to admit that there is definitely a lot that is similar between the two of us.

 He started out in a poor family in the southern part of India.  He never really cared much for school and would always get in trouble for his quick temper.  Eventually he came to America and enrolled in a college in Ohio.  To help pay his rent, he started out working at a neighboring college... as a dishwasher, but using his people skills, quickly advanced in the kitchen "ranks".  Somewhere along the line he realized that the careless attitude he had back home was not going to get him anywhere, so he reformed himself and later became the valedictorian of his college class. He is now extremely successful as the Director of Imaging Services at a hospital.

I admit, our family is better than well off.  This considered, I did not start out poor, but my personality is very much the same.  When in a good mood, we are happy and fun to be around.  However, do not cross us when we are angry over something!  Also, whenever I set my mind to something, I always get it done.  And done well.  Just like my father using sheet determination to rise from the bottom to top of his class.

So that's pretty much why I act the way I do.  So later guys :)

1 comment:

  1. I noticed some similarities between your family and mine. We're both fun to be around, but we aren't the least bit pleasant when we are angry. What I found most curious was that our family's history is completely different. Your's is from the South. Mine is from the North. Your dad was poor, but my dad was rich. However, the outcome was the same. Most curious indeed...

    ReplyDelete